Monday, August 20, 2007

the shrimpii have landed

I did get shrimp. Three. Three little Amano shrimp. They were originally kind of a stopgap measure, as the oto cats at the lfs were not for sale today (they're for sale tomorrow). So, instead, I got shrimp.

ADORABLE.

Seriously, and very pretty. Photos don't do them justice (which is fine because the camera is still out of commission) but they have this lovely dusting of gold and blue on the surface of their shells that isn't immediately visible, but under the right light it flickers a little bit and it's very pretty. Pleasantly surprised.

Once I'd got them temperature and water acclimatized, they were netted and tucked into the tank, and they have just taken off. They're eating like crazy. You can see their stomachs, and currently it has this green glow. I think I am in love. I hope I don't kill them.

On the other hand, I had to remove one of the Anubias barteri var. azfelli plants, as the rhizome had rotted. I'm not sure what happened there, whether I bruised it or what. But along with the Shrimpii I got a wad of java moss, and hopefully that can fill in some gaps. I'm told it will likely take over the tank, but at this point a little bit of taking over would likely be okay.

No comments: