Thursday, January 1, 2009

goodbye 2008, hello 2009!

Happy new year! 2008 had its share of challenges. I'm really looking forward to 2009, because it's going to be better. I've got a good feeling about this one.

For one thing, I'm done school. And that, my friends, feels really good. It means that I'm actually going to have the time to do some of the things I really want to do around this house, and in the gardens. I have a new job, and that means that I might even be able to afford some of it. The job is going really well and I love it. It's everything I imagined working in a library would be, and better.

I have plans to better organize my time and my life, but no real resolutions. I am wondering if I should set some written goals (Dad will be proud) but so far I am taking it easy. It's the first day of the year, after all.

The first bird of the year was a junco. The first pot of tea is orange pekoe. The first drink was a glass of Veuve Cliquot, which I think is a good sign.

No comments: